Summary: Theatre Under The Stars (TUTS) is a non-profit producer and presenter of musical theatre that also provides extensive education programs through the Humphreys School of Musical Theatre, the River Performing and Visual Arts Center, and Classes in the Community. This position is a member of the TUTS’ Administration team while interfacing with all levels of staff in the Development, Education, Finance, Production, and Marketing departments. This position is responsible for administration duties in the combined Administration and Education department as indicated below.
Hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, and weekends and evenings as needed for fundraising, performance, and other networking events.
Reports To: Director, Administration & Education
Education: College Degree in Business preferred.
Experience: Two plus years in a similar position preferred
Skills: This position requires an individual who is very detail oriented with exemplary skill working with numbers, budgets, and planning. We require an organized person that is visionary and professional with outstanding interpersonal skills. This position also requires strong verbal and written communication skills. A strong proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, Outlook; and ability to learn Paciolan.
• Assist Director with the management of the Education department
Project and program timeline
Google Docs insuring accuracy and compliance with corporate calendar.
Weekly revenue and expense detail reporting on discrepancies.
Grant obligations insuring compliance with each grant in cooperation with the Development department.
Monthly and annual report/summary for Education programs including data and demographics.
Monthly and annual budget comparison to actual results.
• Assist Director with the Management of the Administration department
Facilitate weekly, monthly, and annual reports on the status of Administration operations
Manage inventories of essential corporate supplies.
Manage office equipment leases.
Partner with landlord on phone system maintenance.
• Supervise the two (2) Associate of Administration (Reception) part-time positions insuring staffing levels are met in compliance with corporate requirements.
• Partner with Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits to insure accuracy.
C.Direct Daily Operations
• Supervise daily operations of the TUTS reception area insuring that the best customer service is given both in person and on the phone.
• Oversee the inventories of office supplies, corporate stationary, coffee, tea, condiments, etc.
• Oversee the office equipment leases for copiers, postage, etc.
• Collaborate with landlord on phone system extension changes and maintenance.
• Collaborate with landlord on miscellaneous building maintenance items.
• Collect and review weekly submission of non-exempt timesheets to insure accuracy and compliance with corporate policy.
• Submit employee benefit, address, etc. changes as submitted.
• Process weekly and monthly invoices for parking, medical, dental, life insurance, etc.
• Process requests for parking, building access, etc. changes.
• Manage miscellaneous security items such as corporate keys, access badges, parking, etc.
• Monitor Education department data library insuring that data and evaluations on shared server are current.
• Facilitate corporate Google Docs review, update, and planning session each week during Education team meeting.
• Monitor cleanliness of leased space and insure that it meets company standards.
• Interface daily with Education staff
• Interface daily with Administration staff
• Interface with Development, Finance, Production, and Marketing teams.
• Facilitate weekly dialogue with Marketing, Development, and Production to insure that all parties have mutual understanding of Education team activities.
• Participate in the Board of Directors Education Committee meetings.