Associate, Development - Donor Records
General Summary: The Development Associate’s primary duties will involve support and maintenance of data base functions, including support and assistance to the Manager, Donor Records. Additionally, this position will provide administrative support to members of the Development staff as needed.
Reports To: Manager, Donor Records
- • Assist Manager, Donor records and serve as Development’s back-up in that position in all database duties
- • Run various assigned reports from database including reports needed for weekly Development Staff meetings
- • Manage and run all Playbill lists and manage the calendar for timely submissions to the Marketing Department
- • Work on Paciolan/Raiser’s Edge donor record clean-up
- • Generate direct mail lists and event mail lists
- • Create and maintain all forms of acknowledgment letters for annual gifts, special events and update the letters quarterly with new text and messaging
- • Assist in the creation of the annual 990
- • Coordinate the timely preparation of TUTS Annual Report and compile and prepare Development Department’s areas of responsibility for the report
- • Assist Manger, Donor Records with Targets
- • Prepare and send all donor invoices
- • Manage the Tommy Tune Awards VIP ticket sales process
- • Conduct donor and prospect research for Annual Giving and the Capital Campaign
- • Maintain working knowledge of donor benefit schedules for all areas of Development and provide support to ensure successful fulfillment of benefits including the preparation of fulfillment packets
- • Prepare donor informational packets as needed by Development staff
- • Participate in weekly Development Staff meetings
- • Keep current the donor data base as related to obituary information
- • Review local newspapers, local publications for awards, achievements, community activities, occasion remembrances for donors/prospects and prepare recognition correspondence.
- • Work with Development to prepare and send Thanksgiving Thank You cards and Fund Development Committee member thank you cards
- • Renew Development’s subscriptions
- • Reapply for Kroger and Randall’s Giving Programs, annually
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • This position must be available to work during the company’s normal business hours of 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday and employee has the willingness and ability to work some nights and weekends as required.
- • The employee must agree to all conditions of employment as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- • A minimum of two (2) years as a skilled development professional with a proven track-record in database entry and management is recommended
- • Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- • Ability to work well with others and project professionalism at all times
- • Strong people skills
- • Donor database knowledge required
- • Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- • Proven leadership skills; self-motivated; excellent at problem-solving and decision-making
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively meet deadlines; exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- • Must be detail-oriented and analytical
- • Excellent computer and database management skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; ability to become proficient with company software.
- • Strong references are required
Education: College Degree in a related field preferred
Status: This position is Full-Time.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and he employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirements of the job change.
Send resume and references to Gina Sullivan, Director of Development, at email@example.com.
Theatre Under the Stars (WCLO, LORT C) is accepting resumes from designers, stage managers and production personnel for TUTS UNDERGROUND, a new series of musicals at the Hobby Center for Performing Arts. For more information, go to tutsunderground.com. Houston based applicants are encouraged to apply.
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interns help make TUTS great! For more information on TUTS' internship opportunities, click here.