Assistant Director, Marketing
General Summary: Theatre Under The Stars is a non-profit producer of world-class musical theatre. The position interfaces with the Marketing and Box Office Staff as well as the Accounting, Artistic, Development and Education departments. This position will also interface with media sales and account reps from outside the company. This position manages, allocates & monitors the Marketing advertising budget including buying media and developing strategic community partnerships.
Reports To: Director, Sales & Marketing
Education: College degree in Marketing or similar degree
Experience: 5-7 years of marketing, PR or communications. Media buying experience preferred. Theater knowledge is a plus.
Skills: Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to multi-task and to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to be a team player and meet deadlines; Shows leadership, initiative, is detailed oriented and has strong analytical and decisive decision-making ability; Microsoft Office expertise specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
1. Conceptualize and fulfill yearly timelines all media buying and placement
2. Create and implement yearly timelines for all marketing materials, promotions and events
3. Administer the timelines for all Education and Development departmental marketing materials and graphic design needs
4. Coordinate the annual Theater District Open House
1. Supervise all Marketing, Press Relations and Graphic Design staff
2. Oversee the marketing materials and projects and staff within the marketing department
3. Coordinate with outside vendors and account reps
C. Direct Daily Operations
1. Develop marketing plans and advertising budgets for each production and
Season acquisition campaign
2. Implement and coordinate the various aspects of the marketing and advertising plans including annual advertising agreements and season partnerships
3. Develops strategic partnerships and community promotions for each production
4. Create advertising materials including print, TV, Radio ads
5. Develop marketing collateral and direct mail
6. Determine and create mailing lists for all direct mail – TUTS productions and season campaigns
7. Oversee Education marketing initiatives, brochures and advertising
8. Process and record invoices
9. Coordinate with ABC for the development, recording and airing of the Tommy Tune special
- Monitor advertising rates within the market to ensure TUTS is spending their dollars most effectively
- Maintain up-to-date budgets and advertising settlement for tours and self-produced shows
Send resume, references and salary requirments to David Greiss, Director of Sales & Marketing, at email@example.com.
Patron Services Representative (Part-Time)
Patron Services Representative will support the day-to-day operations of the Ticket Operations/Sales, Group Ticket Sales and Marketing departments. The position will assist with general office duties during regular business hours as well as day of show activities including, but not limited to, pre-show set-up, special event coordination and sales efforts. Also must be very Customer Service oriented and able to provide a high level of service in a fast paced, high stress environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Some knowledge of Musical Theatre preferred but not required.
• Ability to work well with others, from fellow employees and front office staff to cast and crew, customers, donors and corporate clients.
• Professional conduct, image and demeanor in an office setting.
• Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
• Responsible for daily balancing of cash drawers and credit card transactions.
• Selling and fulfilling Season Ticket Packages
• Process individual sales, subscriptions and exchanges
• Exchanges for season ticket holders
• Working special events and expos for the marketing department
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
• Complete special projects/tasks as assigned
Experience and Skills:
• Ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Candidates must have good computer skills, including some proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel/Word).
• Ticketing and/or Customer Service experience preferred not required
Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Reports To: Assistant Director, Ticketing Services
Please send cover letter and resume to Patrick Plunk @ firstname.lastname@example.org .
Intern, Design & Communications
Length of Employment: 8 weeks to be concluded on or before August 1, 2015
Qualifications: Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or a related field, returning to college full time (for 12 or more credits) for at least the fall semester after the internship. Experience in Theatre Arts, Public Relations, or Marketing is a plus.
Salary: $12.00/hour, 37.5 hours per week, subject to FICA and income tax withholding. Housing not provided.
Summary: The Intern, Design and Communications is responsible for the design, and implementation of an on-line Educational Content Guide program to be utilized by schools throughout the Greater Houston Area as part of TUTS Outreach program. Previous examples can be seen at TUTS.com/studyguides. Time permitting, this position will also carry out production design of the marketing campaign for TUTS’ Humphreys School of Musical Theatre production of Rent in conjunction with the Coordinator, Graphic Design and Marketing. Theatre Under The Stars (TUTS) is a non-profit 501(c)3 company specializing in the art of American Musical Theatre.
1. Design a Content Guide for each of the six (6) shows in the 2015/16 Mainstage Season, two (2) Musicals for Young Audiences and one (1) Humphreys School of Musical Theatre production.
2. Brainstorm creative lessons and games for Content Guides
3. Plan and meet weekly deadlines to insure project completion
4. Work with Manager, Design and Communications, and Coordinator, Graphic Design and Marketing, to implement design strategy
5. Implement online component of content guides project
6. Time permitting, carry out production design of the marketing campaign for TUTS’ Humphreys School of Musical Theatre production of Rent in conjunction with the Coordinator, Graphic Design and Marketing.
7. Miscellaneous print and online design projects to be determined.
1. Intermediate experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
2. Theatre background experience a plus, appreciation of theatre required
3. Personable self-starter
4. Energetic team player
5. Ability to take direction
6. Ability to work alone
TUTS has had an extensive Education and Outreach program for many years. As many school districts decrease their finding for the arts, non-profits such as TUTS must attempt to fill in the gaps. One small but critical way to do that is by providing on-line Content Guides for each Production during our season, These Content Guides can be accessed and printed from our website by teachers/instructors at their discretion. The Content Guides provide a synopsis of the story line, historical perspective of the times when the show was originally produced as well as additional resources to be accessed. Sometimes the Content Guides can include informational games relevant to that production.
Reports To: Manager, Design and Communications and Coordinator, Graphic Design and Marketing
Please send cover letter, resume and examples of work to Scott Howard, Manager, Design and Communications, at email@example.com.
Interns help make TUTS great! For more information on TUTS' internship opportunities, click here.